The IDA continues to work with local, state, and federal officials to coordinate the Phase I reopening of businesses on Friday, May 15th.
Phase I businesses include:
- Wholesale Trade
- Retail – Curbside Pickup
- Agricultural, Forestry and Fishing
A more detailed list of specific businesses under these categories can be found by visiting the state’s NY Forward website at https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase .
In order to open, businesses need to establish and have on file reopening plans which take into consideration the following:
- Adjust workplace hours and shift design as necessary to reduce density in the workplace.
- Enact social distancing protocols.
- Restrict non-essential travel for employees.
- Require all employees and customers to wear masks if in frequent contact with others.
- Implement strict cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Enact a continuous health screening process for individuals to enter the workplace.
- Continue tracing, tracking and reporting of cases; and
- Develop liability processes.
In advance of the Phase I reopening, Steuben County also issued its own business reopening planning document outlining several best practices which should be addressed in your plan; access it here https://www.steubencountyida.com/docs/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Steuben-County-Reopening-Guidance.pdf . Additional guidance is expected from the state on reopening plans and enforcement in advance of Friday. The IDA will send out updated information as it becomes available.
Phased reopening will continue every two weeks as long as the region continues to meet state established benchmarks. Reopening will include Professional Services, Finance and Insurance, Retail, Administrative Support, and Real Estate/Rental and Leasing in the second phase. Follow up phases will include hotels, restaurants, arts and education.